Saturday, April 12, 2014

Here goes nothing..

Hello everyone! (or no one as it probably will end up)

I have decided I will TRY my hardest to blog about the craziness of my sweet family as much as I can. I realized that it's really hard to remember all the details of vacations, trips, family outings, adventures and milestones in my amazing children's lives. So, I'm hoping if I can dedicate some time to this blog I can be able to look back and have better memories to show my kids, and myself when I forget what my own name is. I hope someone will check this out besides just myself but hey, the truth hurts.

My first post will be dedicated to none other than.....STELLA!

This little crazy of mine started basketball 6 weeks ago and on her first day she couldn't wait for it to be over. LUCKY for us, she continued to want to go every week and by the end we had a real player on our hands.


After begging me for basketball to end she actually got much better. She learned to dribble and most of all she learned to STEAL the ball. (When I say steal, I mean forcefully snatch the ball from anyone and everyone at all times, even her teammates.)







Best of all is watching these little preschoolers try to actually play a game. It is less like a basketball game and more like corralling cows into a pen by a bunch of cowboys running around.  The parents are constantly yelling at the kids to PASS, SHOOT, DRIBBLE, STAY IN THE COURT, DON'T HIT, DON'T GRAB THE NET! It's a hot mess, but hilarious as a bystander.






Stella on her final day received a trophy, and boy was she excited about this little bobblehead basketball player. I couldn't get her to put it down and she just kept telling me, " It's my FIRST trophy momma!" I was so proud of her finishing her first sport and now I can't wait for SOCCER!




After our wonderful last day of basketball we decided to hit up Foster Fest. This was definitely less appealing than state fair's we have all been to in the states but fun considering there are not many places here in Okinawa that you can get a genuine Funnel Cake! ( none if I actually count) So, we took ourselves over there and I waited in line forEVER so that Stella could ride/jump on as many things as possible.




Well, I guess that's all for the first post. I will try to go back and post some old adventures we have gone on since we arrived here in Okinawa.  Until next time.



1 comment: